Followers

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Here I am.

Here I am.

I have been very busy lately.  Most of this has been a heavy dose of Spring-itis.  Being from a very warm climate during my formative years leaves me cold come January and incredibly understanding to bears and their winter habits.  While I can't say I have done anything productive other than work, I can say I have been really enjoying the color green.  Outside.  Away from my computer.  I have been studying and contemplating.

The guilt I rack up over non-accomplishment is quite massive (thank you Catholic upbringing), so I am pleased to say my brain has been very busy thinking about all sorts of things - design related and otherwise.

1.  Crime.  I had a terrible person steal money from me for a client's order several years ago.  I found her recently, as the arrest warrant is about to run out - oh yes, a 5K theft is not worthy of a renewal of an arrest warrant, in case you were wondering... and she is not arrested yet.  And wanted to post terrible, horrible things about her.  I held off.  Not sure why, I may still go off on a tangent, let me explore the legality of that.

2.  Terrible design.  Oh, now here I cannot even elaborate, as it would cause a local stir, and I am trying really hard not to be bitchy, however I have been thinking (thinking: ha! Eating at my soul is more like it.) about it.

3.  Neuroses.  Uh, do you have a year?  Me either.

4.  I want a peacock.  Really.  I don't care if they are loud, I have been priming the neighbors for 18 months with chicken noise.  Do they lay eggs?  Are they delicious?  I love peacock noise, between growing up with them in my area of Phoenix and my brother super-perfecting the call in a Phoenix mall throughout my teenage years - hey - I am ready.

5.  My temper.  WOW (!) raging here.   Is this what happens when a girl who learned "White Gloves and Party Manners" as a child hits 40+.  I secretly like raging.  HA!  I only dole it out as needed...

6.  Love: I have had some sort of epiphany when it comes to the kids and Em.  Cannot get enough of it or them.  I see it in a whole new way.

7.  I am tired of being bored.  Em said when I was in China working on the Jack and Christine Project that I was like an animal let out of a cage.  I got another taste in New York.  Dear God, I am bored out of my skull, someone please let me roam and do something really exciting.  I am starving here people!

So, hopefully I will do more in the next several weeks.  I guess I figure if you are reading this you are in it for the long haul so you will put up with the reality of me and where I am.  This is how I do what I do, even when I am annoying myself.

xoxoxo,
L

No comments: